TRUCKING COMPANY SEEKS – LOGISTICIAN (The best of the best DISPATCHER)
Growing Trucking Company needing a Transportation and Logistics Dispatcher with great Communication, Multi-Tasking and Sales Skills. This is a position which requires experience in Dispatching, Booking Loads and Load Boards, for a rapidly growing fleet.
Candidate MUST have OUTSTANDING negotiation skills.
You must be comfortable with working in a fast-paced atmosphere.
We are seeking an experienced dispatcher with clear understanding of DOT and ELD REQUIREMENTS for semi-trucks.
– Responsible for communicating with the truck drivers and customers via phone or email for dispatching.
– Responsible for relaying work orders, route rescheduling and assisting the driver with any inquires.
– Responsible for keeping track of the driver’s location and number of hours driven to make sure a driver leaves and arrive on time for scheduled freight appointment.
– Calculate and manage the days based on theirs ELD HOS.
– Dispatched drivers on contracted loads by relaying pickup and delivery information as well as routing.
– Must have a strong knowledge in Route Planning / Load leveling.
– Minimizing empty miles, maximizing revenue generating miles.
– Updating board throughout the day with equipment and load info.
– Maintain Professional relationships with customers via phone and email.
– Reporting detention, OOS & Breakdowns immediately.
– Knowing Back-haul/Dead-head markets and the relevant pricing.
– Soliciting new shippers to gain direct freight.
– Checking broker credit worthiness to ensure a prompt payment history.
– Completing new customer contracts.
– Assisting in pre-planning drivers routes to maximize time efficiency.
– Candidate must possess the ability to think on their feet to resolve issues while a driver is under a load.
– Staying up to date on freight trends.
– Working cohesive with other departments to streamline time wait in office.
– Minimum 2 year of transportation experience (preferred),
– Must have previous experience in working with ELD,
– Possess strong communication and negotiation skills and be able to work under pressure.
– Excellent multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills,
– Bringing new accounts and existing accounts in is a plus,
– Recruiting new drivers / Owner Ops (preferred (BUT NOT REQUIRED),
– Great organizational skills,
– Ability to work in a professional environment,
– Bilingual preferred (BUT NOT REQUIRED).
HOURS & COMPENSATION:
– This is a full time position in office ONLY,
– Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-17:00,
– Saturday- 8:00 am – 12:00 pm (rotation),
– Pay based on experience, plus bonuses.
We will be interviewing this week, several positions are available.