The Part-Time Parish Administrative Assistant position executes the day-to-day clerical operations of the parish and is responsible for assisting the Clergy, the Executive Church Board and Auxiliary Organizations with any and all duties requested in daily management of the Holy Resurrection Serbian Orthodox Cathedral Office. This position enables the smooth operation and coordination of the programs and ministries. The position reports to the Clergy and Executive Board President.
– Handle communications for the Cathedral including phone, mail and email
– Assistance with weekly bulletin and any other newsletter,
– Maintains Parish records in an organized manner such that they can be accessed by authorized personnel,
– Provides confidential and quality service to parishioners who are in need of pastoral care through empathetic listening and timely referral to the Parish Priest and/or Ministry leaders,
– Oversees the publication and distribution of weekly Parish bulletins and e-blast, and other electronic communications and church mailings. Assist the Executive Board with bulk mailings and special event fliers,
– Maintains the Parish membership database, Parish Directory and the e-mail distribution list and processes new memberships. Maintain and coordinate prospective parishioner lists.
– Monitor and manage building and Parish vendors as directed,
– Maintain various Parish database records and provide requested reports,
– Provide support for fundraising and other parish projects,
– Maintains the Parish calendar,
– Create letters and spreadsheets,
– Maintain Bookstore under the guidance of the Clergy,
– Run errands as needed,
– Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bilingual in English and Serbian. Proficient in English is a must and Preferred if can read and type the Cyrillic Serbian language. Baptized in the Orthodox faith and be in good standing with the Serbian Orthodox Church. Must have a minimum of 3 years of previous administrative experience. Working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) and other computer programs; inter-personal skills; knowledge of filing systems; professional etiquette and phone skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; organizational skills; ability to be innovative and solution-oriented; ability to work under time constraints; knowledgeable in and ability to observe standard office policies and procedures.
Must show respect for the Church’s hierarchy and towards all cultural and religious activities and protocols. Competent in computer programs and telephone handling, customer service driven, and self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision. Able to work independently, self- motivated, dependable, respectful, punctual, gracious and fully committed to the mission and ministries of the Cathedral. Must be able, willing and trustworthy to handle confidential information.
Email resume and letter of interest to click Apply to start your application.
Looking to start in June/July of 2021.